Back to Flashcart Help
Should i risk using my SCDS2 in my 3DS
R
As the name of the topic says i was wondering if i should risk using my SCDS2 in my 3DS i have allready updated it to work on a 3DS but i have heard alot about bricking and wasnt sure if it was actually happening
if i could use my SCDS2 without worry that would be great coz i traded in my dsi for it so i cant even use it atm
A
It might be risky ,wait another couple of months.
K
It should be fine but don't hold me too that,there's plenty of forms on here and gbatemp that talk about this and after reading them I think it's fine to use them for now ;)
Y
Don't risk it right now, there are rumors that your 3DS can brick and such, until it's clear do not play the DSTWO on it.
L
Replying to #4
I would say the rumours have been pretty well shown to be scaremongering by now.
Y
Replying to #5
I said "until it's clear". As in, completely clear.
L
Replying to #6
arguably that would be never.
Y
Replying to #7
Never say never. Hackers tend to break everything.
L
Replying to #8
'Hackers' have absolutely NO relevance to my statement. there cannot EVER be an absolute guarantee that using an unsupported device in a games console won't brick it.
Y
Replying to #9
I was speaking of that hackers will break the seal of the 3DS AP eventually.
What you say is true -- however, if Nintendo itself is taking steps to bricking devices, something has to be done about it. In the meantime, we wait.
L
Replying to #10
A) there is no evidence that they are and B) any countermeasures are not guaranteed to work.
Y
Replying to #11
A. Did I say there was? No. I said IF Nintendo .....
B. Not for now. As I said, we wait.
A
BIt may or may not brick. Though, many people say they can use it. I don't want to risk my console personally as I worked too long for that console and the games I bought for it. If anything happened to it, I would seriously curl up in a ball and cry.To be honest, I would use it if I didn't want to keep my console legit and support Nintendo, unlike my Wii.
S
DOn't listen to these guys Rat.DON'T BE A HERO
D
Wait for the official 3ds update then wait n hope that your card will bypass the 3ds system update, i remember doing this for my dsi, just takes patience. It is absolutely possiable to brick or kill a 3ds. A gentleman had used a flashcart of sometype (unspecified) then when he tried to update his 3ds it trigged the killswitch n had left his system inopperable. From my understanding if the 3ds during a update or in the systems records show pirating before an update than when the update is attempted theres a confliction between pirited software n the system tells the internals to cease functioning. This is pretty much what i found out from nintendo theirself. In theory it may be ok to use flashcards as long as you do not update your 3ds before your card. Patience is a vertue even if its a pain sometimes.
Showing posts 1–15 of 15 · This discussion is archivedBack to top